The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Chitkara College of Applied Engineering will focus on HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning).
The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering provides broad-based and diverse engineering learning in areas such as material science, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, fuels, combustion, instrumentation and control, product and system design and manufacturing.
India is growing – our economy, our population, our industry and our demand for modern infrastructure & sophisticated transport systems are steadily growing. Mechanical Engineers are specialists in the infrastructure design, development and maintenance, which include elevators, central heating, ventilation and air conditioning system and advanced security arrangements.
There’s a lot of technology at work in today’s commercial and institutional buildings, from energy efficient boilers to complex HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning). Building systems require regular, skilled maintenance-mechanical and technical Engineers. That’s why Diploma Mechanical Engineers with specialisation in HVAC systems are in high demand. You install, maintain and repair refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Our 3-Year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering also prepares you to pursue further studies leading to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from reputed local and foreign universities. Some of the key student learning outcomes for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are as follows:
Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems associated with HVAC technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of HVAC equipment and its systems.
- Procure, inspect and test refrigeration and air conditioning engineering materials.
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing HVAC gadgets/domestic appliances, making joints and carrying out ducting & piping work.
- Enable to do industrial installation, laying pipes, ducting, earthing, installing indoor, outdoor units with their accessories, wiring, testing of control & operational circuits.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic, industrial installation in refrigeration and air conditioning systems to install, erect and commission entire equipment.
- Designing & load estimation for domestic and industrial installation and drawing layouts for piping, ducting wiring & building automation.
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in designing, building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining elevator, systems, aggregates and components as per laid out instructions.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of elevator & escalator equipment and its systems.
- Procure, inspect and test engineering materials related to elevator & escalator engineering.
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace mechanical/elevator machinery used in various industrial and domestic environment.
- Students will also prepare a major technical project, which demonstrates his learning and capability to be part of blue chip companies across the world.
INDUSTRY COLLABORATION – ISHRAE
The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE), was founded in 1981 at New Delhi by a group of eminent HVAC&R professionals. ISHRAE today has more than 12,000 HVAC&R professionals as members and additionally there are 7,500 Student-members. ISHRAE operates from 41 Chapters and sub Chapters spread all over India, with HQ in Delhi.
IIE, the educational arm of the Society, is working towards human resource development in the HVAC&R industry in the country by conducting various courses. One of the most important objectives of ISHRAE is Training Programs & this is attempted at various levels.
ISHRAE promotes research in the field of HVAC&R technology. It offers financial support to Graduate/Post Graduate students, to carry out innovative work on R & D in Technology, Systems, Processes. As part of its objectives to promote the interests of the HVAC&R Industry, ISHRAE is involved in various activities. ISHRAE reaches out to all its members and seeks their active participation & involvement in all the Events/Programs.
ISHRAE student chapters in more than 150 engineering colleges encourage students to opt for careers in the HVAC&R industry. Knowledge dissemination is done through seminars, quiz contests, plant and site visits. K-12 initiative of ISHRAE is focused on school students’ contests, in making them aware of subjects like, energy conservation and environmental concerns through drawing competitions, poster design, quiz and planting of trees.
ISHRAE works with Chitkara College of Applied Engineering as Principle Collaboration Partner part of HVAC & R industry. It brings unparalleled access to technology, domain expertise and subject matter knowledge. ISHRAE provides detailed curriculum and course content to Chitkara College of Applied Engineering in defining Diploma engineers role in HVAC & R industry. Besides this ISHRAE sends top notch industry & subject matter experts for periodical lectures and special sessions. Final assessment of students will be conducted by ISHRAE and students shall carry ISHRAE certification, which carries recognition across the world in the field of HVAC & R.
Our 3-Year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering program is recognised nationally and internationally. After completing the diploma, you can also enter the 2nd year of B.Tech degree through lateral entry in Engineering institutions across the country.Career opportunities abound in wide spectrum of industries as executives, specialists, technologists, Engineers or managers in:
- Mechanical & Elevator Engineering industry
- Cement, paper, chemical & other manufacturing industry
- Building services industry
- HVAC & Facility management industry
- Operations management
- Sustainable Design & Solutions
- Clean Energy & Automation
- Research & Development
Given below are some of the companies, which have huge requirement of Mechanical Engineers. At Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, we are collaborating with major blue chip companies, so that you can kick-start your career on a winning note.
The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a 3-Year full time program offered by Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, constituent institution of Chitkara University, Punjab. The Diploma will focus on: HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning)
- This program is offered with guidance of blue chip companies like Kone Elevators & ISHRAE (Indian Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers) bringing a complete blend of academic learning with best of industry support
- There are six academic semesters including a dedicated Intensive Industry Internship Program facilitated by participating industry.
- Academic framework lays strong emphasis on learning through hands-on experience. Courses in foundation, technology and advanced technology feature state-of-the-art lab infrastructure enable this without any hassles.
- Subjects carry full industry focus to ensure that the student stays connected with real working environment all the time.
- To get further ahead, you will work on latest cutting-edge lab equipment, which not only simulate the real-time environment, but also prepare you to cope with situations on field.
- In addition, students will undergo assessment and certification by ISHRAE
- Candidate will receive NSQF Level #5 Certification enabling them to graduate as HVAC&R supervisor from Chitkara College of Applied Engineering.
Major focus is laid in creating best in class lab & workshop infrastructure, which makes blended learning possible and the lab is equipped with advanced equipments. This allows deeper conceptual learning by simulating real time
industry environment part of HVAC & Automotive domains
- Refrigeration & Heat Pumps lab
- Air conditioning & Psychrometry lab
- Industrial refrigeration & cold storage lab
- Industrial air conditioning & cold chamber lab
- Domestic automation with HVAC controls lab (KNX Protocol)
- Industrial automation with HVAC controls lab (KNX Protocol)
- Heat Transfer lab
- Fluid mechanics, Hydraulics & Pneumatics machinery lab
- Strength of materials lab
- DC machines & drives lab
- AC machines & drives lab
- CAD, CAM & CAE lab
- HVAC efficiency & controls lab
- Automotive electronics lab
- Vehicle air conditioning lab
- Emission system performance lab
- Engine performance lab
- Individual cubes to allow students to lay piping, fittings, ducting and install HVAC accessories
- Indian, European, American style of piping/ducting layouts for practice & replication
- Space with all connections in place to conduct final certification assessments
- Fitting workshop with all amenities
- Welding workshop with all amenities
- Foundation workshop with foundry, carpentry and smithy practices
- Height adjustable platforms up to 30 feet to allow students to work on various heights
- HVAC repair & maintenance workshop
- Central heating with various temperature control chambers simulation workshop
- Chassis system workshop
- Powertrain workshop
- Drivetrain workshop
- Dynamometry workshop
- AC – 3 phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 64 KW back up generator
- Drinking water storage pump house (Booster)
- Industrial water storage pump house (Booster)
- Sewerage forced disposal (Pump)
- RO set up
- Rain/storm water storage tank
- Industrial water disposal set-up
- Sewage Treatment Plant (STP)
Eligibility & Fees
- The candidate should have successfully completed Class X with a minimum aggregate of 40% or an equivalent grade/CGPA from a recognized Board.
- Candidate having compartment in any subject will not be considered.
- Candidate will have to appear for a Personal Interview.
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Fees Per Semester||30,000|
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.