The Diploma in Electrical Engineering will enable you to excel and grow in critical industry sectors such as energy & power, green buildings as well as the rapidly emerging clean and green technology sector.
Electrical engineering is one of the largest and most diverse technological and engineering disciplines in today’s world. Electrical Engineering is the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism for the development and maintenance of electrical and electronics equipments such as electric motors, navigation systems, medical devices, broadcast and communication systems, power generation systems, electrical distribution systems, electric grids etc., while keeping in mind the safety, quality, economic feasibility and sustainability of these products and systems.
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering will focus on:
- Domestic Electrical Applications
- Industrial Electrical Applications
- Energy Utilization & Management
Electrical Engineers are specialists in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of energy. It’s a powerful career choice that demands good problem-solving skills and an eye for detail. As the world prepares for the challenges posed by climate change and if you want to make a difference in combating this pressing global problem by innovating environment-friendly products, systems and services to improve quality of life, this Diploma in Electrical Engineering will put you on the right track.
Electrical Engineering will enable you to excel and grow in critical industry sectors such as energy & power, green buildings as well as the rapidly emerging clean and green technology sector. This program also prepares you to pursue further studies leading to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from reputed local and foreign universities.
Some of the key student learning outcomes for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering include:
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining electrical, instrumentation, control systems and associated green technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and its systems.
- Procure, inspect and test electrical and electronic Engineering materials.
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing small electrical gadgets/domestic appliances, making joints and carrying out wiring work.
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical machinery used in various industrial and domestic appliances.
- Ability to do industrial installation, laying cables, earthing, installing motors with their accessories, wiring and testing of control circuits.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic wiring, industrial wiring in transmission and distribution systems to install, erect and commission the power equipment.
- Designing wiring schemes for domestic and power installation and drawing layouts for wiring & industrial automation.
INDUSTRY COLLABORATION – SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
Schneider Electric is world’s largest electrical & energy solution company having its headquarters at France. Since 1836 to till date, Schneider Electric has transformed itself into the global specialist in energy management. Starting from its roots in the iron and steel industry, heavy machinery, and shipbuilding, it moved into electricity and automation management. After 170 years of history, Schneider Electric has become today the solution provider that will help you make the most of your energy.
“Institute of Electricity & Energy Management” (IEEM) is the whole new initiative of Schneider Electric in association with French Ministry of Education, France jointly working to establish state-of-the-art learning facilities in Electricity & Energy Management domains across globe. As part of this initiative, Schneider Electric joined hands with Chitkara College of Applied Engineering an integral part of Chitkara University to offer Diploma in Electrical Engineering with special focus on electricity & energy management.
Schneider Electric as principle collaboration industry takes responsibility of bringing industry blended curriculum, subject contents, pedagogy advocacy, faculty training, establishment of state-of-the-art lab infrastructure, which makes learning truly world class. In addition Schneider Electric will also facilitate intensive internship, assessment of students & certification from IEEM, which is globally recognised. In addition, subject matter experts (SMEs) from Schneider Electric will be stationed in Chitkara College of Applied Engineering to oversee delivery of the program for quality, consistency and to bring special emphasis in hands-on industry driven practicals.
3-Year Diploma in Electrical Engineering program is recognized nationally and internationally. After completing the Diploma, you can also enter the 2nd year of B.Tech Degree through lateral entry in Engineering institutions across the country.
Career opportunities abound in wide spectrum of industries as executives, specialists, technologists, Engineers or managers in:
At Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, we are collaborating with major blue chip companies so that you can start your career with flying colors. Given below are some of the companies, which have huge requirement of Electrical Engineers.
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a 3-Year full-time program offered by Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, constituent institution of Chitkara University, Punjab.
- This program is offered in collaboration with Schneider Electric & Power Sector Skill Council, bringing a complete blend of academic learning and best hands-on support.
- There are six academic semesters including a dedicated intensive Industry Internship Program.
Dedicated laboratories allow students to combine their practical and theoretical studies providing real-time simulation that prepares them for field situations.
- Curriculum is industry focused to ensure the student stays connected with real time working.
In addition, students will undergo assessment and certification by PSSC (Power Sector Skill Council).
- Candidate will receive NSQF Level #5 Certification enabling them to graduate as Electrical Supervisor from Chitkara College of Applied Engineering.
Major focus is laid in creating best in class lab & workshop infrastructure, which makes blended learning possible and the lab is equipped with advanced equipments from Schneider Electric, France. This allows deeper conceptual learning by simulating real time industry environment part of electricity & energy domains
- Basic electrical & electricity lab (AC & DC)
- Domestic wiring lab (Single & Multi Floor Concept)
- Industrial wiring lab (Single & Multi Panel Concept)
- Building automation lab (KNX Protocol)
- Industrial automation lab (PLC’s & Drives)
- Non conventional energy generation lab
- Power transmission & distribution lab
- Domestic switching & consumption lab
- AC machines & drives Lab
- DC machines & drives lab
- Power architecture lab
- Energy quality lab
- Energy audit lab
- Individual cubes to allow students to lay piping, fittings and install electrical accessories
- Indian, European, American style of wiring layouts for practice & replication
- Space with all connections in place to conduct final certification assessments
- Open area (Roof & Floor) for construction and underground exercises
- Fitting workshop with all amenities
- Welding workshop with all amenities
- Height adjustable platforms up to 30 feet to allow students to work on various heights
- Building automation & building power management workshop
- Fire protection system workshop
- Central heating with various temperature control chambers simulation workshop
- AC – 3 phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- AC – Single phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 3 Phase 440 V Solid State Bus Bar
- DC power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 64 KW back up generator
- Single & Multi Stage Transformer with Capacitors
- Low voltage switch gear display area (Static & Functional)
Eligibility & Fees
- The candidate should have successfully completed Class X with a minimum aggregate of 40% or an equivalent grade/CGPA from a recognized Board.
- Candidate having compartment in any subject will not be considered.
- Candidate will have to appear for a Personal Interview.
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Fees Per Semester||30,000|
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.