Our 3-Year Diploma in Civil Engineering prepares you to pursue further studies leading to undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from reputed local and foreign universities.
Civil Engineering is one of the ancient Engineering disciplines that deals with design, construction, maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. To ensure safe, secure and modern structure for human rehabilitation becomes one of the core objectives of Civil Engineering Domain. At its core, it deals with three of the natural resources available such as Air, Water & Land extensively.
Some of the key student learning outcomes for the Diploma in Civil Engineering are:
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining civil, green water, grey water and associated green technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of plumbing, sanitation & water resources equipment and its systems.
- Procure, inspect and test civil and plumbing Engineering materials.
- To do industrial installation, laying pipes, installing different types of pumps with their accessories, wiring, testing of control & automation circuits.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic plumbing, industrial plumbing in transmission and distribution systems to install, erect and commission the water (fresh/waste) system.
- Designing water supply schemes for domestic and industry installation and drawing layouts for piping & building automation.
- Apply knowledge and technical expertise in designing, building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining civil, soil & construction systems, aggregates and components as per laid out instructions.
- To do maintenance, repair and management of construction sites, soils and other properties.
- Procure, inspect and test engineering materials related to civil construction engineering.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs relating to new construction, site/colony development & maintenance of existing properties.
INDUSTRY COLLABORATION with IPSC
IPSC is a company incorporated under Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act 1956. The Indian Plumbing Industry faces the mammoth challenge of huge gap between the supply and demand of skilled workforce. Plumbing industry, since a long time, has been awaiting an opportunity to skill its workforce, and through the mandate of the National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) has got an excellent opportunity to train its workforce with the latest skills, technology and best practices in the Industry.
The IPSC acts as an accrediting and certifying body; and will work to fill the gap of skilled and unskilled workforce in India. For this purpose, we are partnering associations and organisations, which share it vision, and work to upgrade the skills deficit in the plumbing (water resources) industry. The 11th Five Year Plan stressed the need to improve the skill level across all the sectors in the Indian Industry; this laid the foundation of the National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC). IPSC is the SSC for the plumbing industry in India to cater to its specific needs and demands.
IPSC as principle collaboration industry body takes responsibility of bringing industry-blended curriculum, subject contents, pedagogy advocacy, faculty training, and establishment of state-of-the-art lab infrastructure, which makes learning truly world class. In addition, IPSC will also facilitate intensive internship, assessment of students and certification from Ministry of Labor, which is globally recognised. What more, subject matter experts (SMEs) from IPSC & from allied industry will be there in Chitkara College of Applied Engineering to oversee the delivery of the program for quality, consistency and to bring special emphasis in hands-on industry driven practicals.
3-Year Diploma in Civil Engineering program is recognised nationally and internationally. After completing the diploma, you can also enter the 2nd year of B. Tech Degree through the lateral entry in Engineering institutions across the country.
Many of the world’s largest construction and engineering companies including L&T, HCC, Technip, GMR Infrastructure, Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. and Gammon Infra regularly visit our campus for recruitment. Popular job profiles include:
Given below are some of the companies which have huge requirement of Civil Engineers. At Chitkara College of Applied Engineering we are collaborating with major blue chip companies so that you can kick-start your career on a winning note.
The Diploma in Civil Engineering program is a 3-Years full time program offered by Chitkara College of Applied Engineering, constituent institution of Chitkara University, Punjab.
- This program is offered in collaboration with IPSC (Indian Plumbing Skills Council) which brings a perfect blend of seasoned learning with the best industry support (Public Health Engineering Specialisation).
- The specialisation of construction engineering & management part of Civil Engineering is offered in guidance with CIDC (Construction Industry Development Council) & CSDC (Construction Skill Development Council) to bring the best of the practices & learning followed by the industry.
- There are 6 academic semesters including a dedicated Intensive Industry Internship Program.
- Academic framework lays strong emphasis on hands-on learning. Courses in foundation, technology and advanced technology feature state-of-the-art lab infrastructure enable this without any hassles.
- Subjects carry intensive industry focus to ensure that the student stays connected with real working atmosphere all the time by means of live projects and active site visits.
- To get further ahead, you will work on latest cutting edge lab, which not only simulates the real-time environment, but also makes you cope up with field situations.
Major focus is laid in creating best in class lab & workshop infrastructure, which makes blended learning possible and the lab is equipped with advanced structural equipments from TOTO, Hindware, Viega, Grundfos, Duravit & Ashirvad and complete layout from IPSC. This allows deeper conceptual learning by simulating real time industry environment part of public health Engineering domains
Drinking water supply lab (Storing, RO & Hygienic Supply) Industrial water supply lab (Storing, Supply & Disposal)
|Sewage system lab||Public toilet infrastructure|
|Domestic house infrastructure||Modern flat infrastructure|
|Disabled toilet infrastructure||Hospital toilet infrastructure|
|Brick building & sceptic tank construction||Drainage demo infrastructure|
|Civil Labs||Shower system labs|
|Structure and Construction lab||Simple VFD infra|
|Computer lab||Hydro-Pneumatic infra|
|Hydraulics and fluid machinery lab||Modern VFD & Rain flow infra|
|Strength of materials lab|
|Concrete and highway lab|
|Environmental engineering lab|
- Individual cubes to allow students to lay piping, fittings and install Cistern, wash basins and toilets (Conventional & Western Style)
- Space with all connections in place to conduct final certification assessments
- Open area (Roof & Floor) for construction and underground exercises
- Fitting workshop with all amenities
- Welding workshop with all amenities
- Height adjustable platforms up to 30 feet to allow students to work on various heights
- Basic electrical & electronics workshop
- Fire protection system workshop
- Central heating with various temperature control chambers simulation workshop
- AC – 3 phase power supply (Uninterrupted)
- 64 KW back up generator
- Drinking water storage pump house (Booster)
- Industrial water storage pump house (Booster)
- Sewerage forced disposal (Pump)
- RO set up
- Rain/storm water storage tank
- Industrial water disposal set-up
- Sewage Treatment Plant (STP)
- The candidate should have successfully completed Class X with a minimum aggregate of 40% or an equivalent grade/CGPA from a recognized Board.
- Candidate having compartment in any subject will not be considered.
- Candidate will have to appear for a Personal Interview.
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Fees Per Semester||30,000|
The fees for any of the above programs is subject to revision.
*ERP: Only at the time of admission.